Monday, February 14, 2011

BREAK UP SONGS

 Whether you are alone by choice this V-day or you're alone because it turns out your valentine gave you VD; here are thirteen break up songs to help nurse your broken heart.

Cupid 
Spinerette

"Cupid don't you know that, that it's over?"



You & I  
Cut Off Your Hands

"You were not there for me. I just moved on. I've been moving on for so long."



Do Me a Favour 
Arctic Monkeys

"Do me a favour and stop flattering yourself. How to tear apart the ties that bind? Perhaps fuck off, might be too kind."



Capri Pants 
Bikini Kill

"I like you but baby it's all wrong."




Knives Out 
Radiohead

"Look into my eyes. I'm not coming back."



Breakaway 
Detroit Cobras

"I'll make that vow to myself. You and I are through.  Nothing can change my mind. I'm sorry just won't do."



Like a Drug 
Queens of the Stone Age

"What can I say? I guess it wasn't meant to be. Now you're gone."



Divorce Song 
Liz Phair

"And the licence said you had to stick around 'til I was dead. But if you're tired of looking at my face, I guess I already am."



Gone Daddy Gone 
Violent Femmes

"The love is gone."




Not In Love 
Crystal Castles featuring Robert Smith

"And we were lovers. Now we can't be friends. Fascination ends."



Night Watch 
Tegan & Sara

"I've got grounds for divorce. It's in my blood this divorce. I seperate everybody. I need distance from your body."




Freebird 
Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Bye bye, it's been a sweet love. Though this feeling I can't change."




Don't Dream It's Over 
Crowded House

"They come, they come. To build a wall between us."

No comments:

Post a Comment